Saturday, March 14, 2009
Blogpal Victoria at Teachings of The Horse has seen fit to bestow upon Detroit Dog the "Honest Scrap" award or meme really -- most likely as a way to get me up and posting. Well, it has worked!
Honest Scrap requires that I list 10 (Honest) Things About Me. It's really rather timely, as I've been very self-reflective as of late. Normally with memes I'm all about Detroit Dog, but for Honest Scrap I'll reveal the person inside the name.
10 Things About Me:
1. I was chased by a pack of chihuahuas when I was 9 (it traumatised me, and I was afraid of most small dogs until I was in my mid-20s);
2. I have revised this list several times; I have anxiety about the possibility of people knowing who I am (though it wouldn't matter to anyone but me);
3. I was once robbed at knife point, and my "purse" was handed back to me without the thief digging into it because it was too messy (he decided to take just what was in my pocket; believe me, this tells you lots about me);
4. I've been mostly unemployed for 2 years. The first year was a relief. The second year was worrisome. Now I'm trying to look at unemployment as a gift and an opportunity, and figure out how to recreate myself;
5. I lived in NYC for 13 years and moved there without having first visited; I arrived on a Greyhound bus with $1,000 in my pocket;
6. I volunteered in a NYC hospital ER every Friday night for 13 months (and I have shrouded a dead patient);
7. I find my greatest comfort in animals;
8. I've exhibited with museums and Michigan and NY galleries (it's been a while);
9. I have Lupus, and have been in remission since I lost my edge (and left NY -- 10 years steroid-free!);
10. I have fantasies about: a) getting a Ph.D. one day, b) publishing a book, c) winning the lottery and building my dream home with acres and acres for a dog and animal sanctuary.
And one more for good measure: I am thankful for the life that I have, and the people that are a part of it.
Now, Part 2 of Honest Scrap requires that I pass this on to 7 others, so I will pass this on to:
1. New blogger Henry the Dog's Mum, who is on a path of self-discovery brought about in part by the European "credit munch" (check out her pup's blog at Henry the Dog Diaries);
2. Marvel at Strawberry Lane, because I suspect she needs a little boot to blog about now, and because I'm curious about the woman behind the horses, the dogs, the ranch...;
3. Hardworking Hippy at La Ferme de Sourrou, an interesting woman who blogs about her "off grid, home built house and permaculture smallholding in Bourrou, France";
Hmmmm.... Well, that's 3. I'd like to invite readers (perhaps 4 of you?) to take on this meme of sorts and share some Honest Scraps about yourself. Please come back and leave a comment and a link to your blog, and I'll be sure to post it for all of Detroit Dog's readers.
(One more thing: Passing along memes gives me great anxiety.)
Posted by detroit dog