Friday, June 3, 2011

I'm Starting A Pet Concierge Business & Need A Name!

Suggestions welcome!

I've decided to start a pet sitting and concierge business, and I'm trying to decide on a name. Perhaps you can offer some suggestions, or tell me what you think about these names (insert the words "Pet Concierge" after each):

  • Four Seasons 
  • Greyt Lakes 
  • Lakeshore 
  • Mr. Q (after our boy Quasar)
  • Sirius 
What's to remember? 
  • Well, I live in Michigan, and in a city bordered by Detroit and the Grosse Pointes (how's that for diversity?) -- so we live near the shore. 
  • Although it's just me starting out, I might hire staff eventually.
  • I'm not a fan of "cute."
  • There are already lots of businesses with the names "Buddy" or "Pal" in them; I don't want to b e one of them.
  • I'd like something easygoing, professional, memorable, and recognizable.
  • The business will not take care of snakes, or farm animals.
Thanks!

--Veronica

UPDATE: As of now, these are the services I plan to offer:


Pet Check-In:
   Feed/Water
   Clean-Up
   Medication administration
   Play
Dog Walking
Vet Visits
Pet Transportation
Pet Supplies Shopping & small tasks

I'm currently researching insurances and surety bonds, and getting paperwork together.

11 comments:

  1. Well I kinda REALLY like the Mr.Q. ... It has a Dignified sound to it.
    What all services will you offer???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Frankie! My hubby likes Mr. Q, too.

    As of now, these are the services I plan to offer: Pet Check-In:
    Feed/Water
    Clean-Up
    Medication administration
    Play
    Dog Walking
    Vet Visits
    Pet Transportation
    Pet Supplies Shopping
    & small tasks

    Perhaps I should put this in the post! (Will go edit now.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... Perhaps "Paws In The Action"? I hope you have good luck with your new business, whatever you call it!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Detroit
    I have seen you many times over at Linda's Twaddle.
    a name..
    How about Bark-a-thon! I asked the seven dogs we have around here and they thought it sounded good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, congrats on your new venture! With the services you are offering, I am thinking that you will be busy!

    Mr. Q's Pet Concierge...has a nice ring to it. I also kind of like Greyt Pet Concierge. :-)

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Houndstooth/Bunny: Thanks for stopping by! Most pets have paws, so that's a good suggestion. :-)

    R. Jacob: Welcome, and thanks for visiting! 7 dogs -- wow! I suspect it is a bark-a-thon at your place!

    Wolfie:Thanks for weighing in on the name. Decisions, decisions....

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Pet Minder". It is short, sweet, does not restrict branching out to different animals and areas, and is not "cute". Also, according to Google it is not currently in use at least in Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Bil! That's a greyt recommendation -- and thanks for checking it on Google, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so did the business get off the ground?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nope. I'm still mulling it over (that is, trying to figure how to work it around some upcoming vacations and my current run for Mayor in the city that I live; perhaps post-election start time would be best -- then campaigning and such will be finished).

    :-(

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have something in common. If you have time read
    http://rjacobpost.blogspot.com/2010/11/politics-and-me-once-upon-timepart-one.html

    It is the first part of three, but a quick read.

    I am sure you will do better election day!

    Ray

    ReplyDelete

Conversation appreciated. Ours is a big world, with big opinions; please be respectful.